Monday, February 9, 2009

The Big Cheese

Crap...It has been about 2 weeks since I last posted. Let's just say the kid has kept me busy! We've had all kinds of things going on...birthday parties, Super Bowl, Valentine's making (worth its own blog post at a later date) and The Big Cheese!


Huh? What's the Big Cheese you ask? This is a special day at school in which he gets to share about himself and his family with the class. This could either be really endearing or quite scary! Every mother knows what I'm talking about. It's those moments when we just wish our children would NOT adhere to the "Honesty is the best policy" mantra. Those moments when we want a giant hole to crawl into or feel the need to fake an emergency phone call of some sort.

I could just envision how this "Big Cheese" thing was going to go:

Teacher, "So Noah, tell us what life is like at home...what do you do when you are not at school?"

Noah, "Well, mostly listen to my mom say things like, 'I can't take it anymore Noah'".

Teacher, "What kind of things do you like to play with at home Noah?"

Noah, "Weapons" (See previous post, Weapons and Booze for more on this).

Teacher, "What does your family like to do together?"

Noah, "We party, my mom drinks booze".

Thankfully it was a lot less dramatic. Instead he had to paste pictures on a poster and answer some questions. I've put a few of the notables below.

When I grow up I want to be: A Storm Chaser
If I had one wish, I would wish for: Seeing a real tornado without getting killed.

So that was the Big Cheese...and it wasn't nearly as painful as I envisioned.

Whew.


No comments:

Post a Comment