Monday, January 5, 2009

I AM THE ALPHA MALE!!!


What could this entry possibly be about anyway you ask? Well, it is about feeling perfectly comfortable in sharing your view and place in the world.


I'm going to take you back several months to early July of this past year. We had just bought a puppy and had been discussing with Noah how you train puppies and the ins and outs of it. During this time, Noah was in his first year of T-ball...and not really loving it. It was hard for him to stand around and wait for a ball to come skidding his way. If he was fielding, you'd find him squatted down and drawing in the dirt at any given moment. Who knows what he was drawing, but that dirt was the only thing keeping his interest. The six weeks of T-ball felt like six months...especially when the first four weeks were just practice!


So here we were at Noah's 2nd or 3rd "game" and the coach realized if he was going to keep Noah's focus on the game, he'd have to put him at the pitcher's mound. But the team was so large they had TWO players on the mound. Noah and this other little boy that also like to draw in the dirt.


Proud Mom I was sitting in the bleachers watching my son. Noah sauntered out to the mound...and I mean sauntered. I closed my eyes and secretly prayed that Noah just pay enough attention to make it look good. I could feel the warm July sun on my face, soft breeze in the air, birds chirping and then...


..."I AM THE ALPHA MALE!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE ALPHA MALE!!!!"


Yes, that was Noah. My cute little T-baller. Screaming this from the pitcher's mound. I'm not sure at who. Was it the other team? Or was it the other dirt drawer that shared the mound with him. We will never know.


However one thing we do know...he was not afraid to share his view or place in this world.


I on the other hand was looking for my hiding place underneath the bleachers.


Noah was completely okay with who he was at that moment - The Alpha Male.


I. Was. Not.


Until later...when I got over my embarrassment and laughed at the replay in my head of this little peanut who doesn't even way 40 lbs stating his place on that field.


Good for you Noah. Own it.






No comments:

Post a Comment